Need help. Leica V-Lux 5 or Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 II? Sony RX100VII?

Started Feb 4, 2021 | Discussions thread
mbcrutcher
mbcrutcher Forum Member • Posts: 94
Re: Need help. Leica V-Lux 5 or Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 II? Sony RX100VII?

In my opinion, you have a list of good cameras but not for a 75 year old partially handicapped woman who is not a regular photographer.  I say that from the standpoint of a 76 year old photographer who owns a Panasonic bridge camera and the small Sony.  Both cameras are sometimes too complicated for me, especially in the case of the Sony.  The Sony takes beautiful pictures but can drives me nuts (usually after I have inadvertently bumped the four way control and some menu has come up in place of a picture.)  Either of your suggested cameras is likely to confuse and frustrate your friend, who will then put the camera back in her luggage and not use it at all.

Recommend a simple Canon point-and-shoot with a short zoom (better pictures than from a long one.)   The camera probably won't cost more than $100 so will be no big deal if it's lost.  She'll get perfectly useable pictures and won't be frustrated.

mbcrutcher's gear list:mbcrutcher's gear list
Leica Q +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow