Need advice/help with transaction, lessons for others as well.

Started 3 months ago | Wanted thread
EOS GUY
EOS GUY Senior Member • Posts: 4,387
Re: Need advice/help with transaction, lessons for others as well.

1. Always TAKE A PHOTO OF THE PACKAGING LABEL ON THE ITEM AT THE POST OFFICE AND ALSO OF THE PRINTED RECIEPT WITH ADDRESS AND TRACKING NUMBER ON IT.

That way your butt is covered.

2. Man you can sell an 18-55 for way more than that and you are weakening the market for others like me! Mint used I sell for £275 and white box new kit split for £300 Plus postage paid buy buyer!

3, The Post office would know if the item arrived at Dennis' address and they would know if he returned it to them (with or without rocks.) They record all of these steps so I'd say you can pretty much rule them out.

For these such reasons I never skimp on Postage and always and only ever use Royal Mail Special delivery, which is tracked every step, insured for £500 and next day delivery by 1pm guaranteed. I'd recommend using your country's equivalent.

I think things will work out in the wash for you eventually. Just chill.

4. That paypal guy was a scammer, they put fake links on google etc, they would never call you back and demand you do things or they'll close your account etc. Be wary and use the official website only, logged into it so you know it is not a sham site and go through those channels.

Good luck to you and Dennis, be patient (I know the anxiety these things can cause) and I reckon it will all work out.

OP and anyone reading, can I kindly ask on behalf of others and in your own self interest, please know the market and stop underselling, it cheapens the market

The Fuji 18-55 is always in great demand due to it's excellent performance across the focal range and will always be an excellent seller so no need to panic sell.

Peace

-- hide signature --

My Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/photonicstreetdreams/
The earth laughs in flowers.
-Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Before you say (or post in our context) = THINK.
Is what you're going to say - True. Helpful. Important (or Inspiring.) Necessary. Kind.

EOS GUY's gear list:EOS GUY's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow