Om2n transparent screen?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
kcdogger Veteran Member • Posts: 3,201
Re: Om2n transparent screen?

It may not be the focusing screen. Looks to me like your exposure was pushing the edge of the film latatitude. Those old cameras are great, but film is a whole different whoopi-do. Could also be slightly over processed. Hard to tell, but if it looked in focus in camera, it probably was. Or maybe try a diffeent lens. That's also a lot of saturation for film.

Finally, did you calibrate the light meter?  It will give you different readings depnding upon slight voltage changes with the newer batteries.  My old Spotmatic is particularly prone to this ans the old mercury atteries are w.3 volts and the newer ones are 1.5 volts - meters fine, but the settings are different.  Take 5 pictures ia stop apart n the same light and of the same thing.  Meter in the same place each time.  Develop the film and choose the picture that looks best - exposure wise.  Reset your ISO accordingly.  that is now your new ISO for that film in that camera.  Then drive on and get shooting.

I don't know what to say about theviewfinder issue.  It should be nice and bright.

Peace.

John

kcdogger's gear list:kcdogger's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Olympus TG-6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow