Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
BluenoseNS
BluenoseNS Regular Member • Posts: 455
Re: Pano should be standard

Confusedabit wrote:

BluenoseNS wrote:

Confusedabit wrote:

BluenoseNS wrote:

It is quite ridiculous that most modern cameras do not have a very good in-camera capable panorama mode when any iPhone can do it decently.

The panorama posted in the opening is absolutely awful. Bendy elongated lorries and jagged road edges. It looks like there is an earthquake in progress in anything more than a superficial examination.

There is absolutely no evidence here that an iPhone can do it decently.

It should be a standard feature— it is not some new photography technique like live composite that is only doable due to proprietary code and speedy processing power.

But maybe it takes more processor power than I am aware of (highly likely).

I get that we can stitch photos post production, but come on.

Why should it be a standard feature?

Olympus produce the product as they want and I really doubt many people care or they would not buy it.

It should be a standard feature because panoramas are a fundamental representation of photography and look fantastic. I like fantastic photos.

I have zero desire to post a defense of why it should be a standard feature lol

You think the opening posted panorama is acceptable given that you say that the iPhone gives a decent quality?

This is the benchmark for acceptable quality on this particular thread and you think owners would be happy with this? I wouldn't and would rather do it post.

From the evidence here if you want Panoramas to look fantastic it needs more than some quick and dirty in camera scene mode.

I said nothing about any photos in this thread simmer down

does it need to be actually stated: improvement in a feature can come through successive iterations of the feature.

if they did this in camera many models ago perhaps it would be very good by now

the more in-camera processing that can be done the better

BluenoseNS's gear list:BluenoseNS's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus PEN-F
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
MNE
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow