Looking for X/10/20 thumb rest rubber

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
prime Senior Member • Posts: 2,396
Re: Looking for X/10/20 thumb rest rubber

Chris DC wrote:

A few years ago, i lost the little rectangular rubber piece that your thumb rests on at the upper right area on the back of the camera.

If someone here knows where i can source this part I would appreciate it. I found nothing on the Fuji repair site.

Mine came off (when I was not paying attention) last year, and I was in your situation. It appears that the only connection that had held it onto the camera body was contact cement, as you, also, probably have discerned.

Having had no better luck than you have had to date, I paid a price higher than I should have hoped to pay for this:

Accessory thumb rest for Fujifilm X10 or X20

It works well, but if you want to attach an external flash, for instance, to the hot shoe, you will have to remove it temporarily, which is easy to do non-destructively.

Before I attached the accessory, I covered the exposed area where the original thumb rest had been with a precisely cut piece of Gorilla Tape (which, like the camera itself, is black) to seal the wound against moisture. The circuit would be exposed to the weather otherwise.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow