Lenovo Legion specs

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Venger
Venger Junior Member • Posts: 30
Lenovo Legion specs

Hi,

I've recently discovered the forum and what an incredible resource of information it is!

I (and many others it would seem, given the number of similar posts) am in the market for a new laptop. Primarily it will need to do all the usual day-to-day stuff, however, I would like it to be geared to photo manipulation and possibly some video editing, altho I can't tell you at this stage which software I'll be using to do that.

Lenovo has cropped up several times in my research and on reading the forum, it seems to feature regularly here too. I've taken onboard what others have said with regards to avoiding the ultra low voltage processors (those ending in 'U'), the fact that, as a minimum, you should have at least 16GB RAM and an M2 SSD drive could also be a benefit.

I don't have much budget however, so again, taking the advice of others, I've been looking at Lenovo refurbished.

GBP 699 can buy me this :-

Legion 5i, 17" screen, 10th Gen i5 10300 H processor, 256GB M2 SSD, 8GB RAM and  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6

It's roughly a saving of GBP 150 on a brand new one and I'll be honest and say the thing that really appeals is the 17" screen, despite there only being 8GB RAM.

Alternatively, for GBP 799, is a brand new IdeaPad s540, 10th Gen i7 10510 U processor, 16GB soldered RAM, 512GB M2 SSD, integrated graphics card but it only has a 13" screen.

I appreciate that screen size will probably be more of a personal thing but is the U vs H processor a real deal breaker in terms of processor intensive operations ?

The other thing is, being in the UK, it seems that ordering from the Lenovo website directly involves the use of a company called Digital River who have just about the worst reviews I've ever seen for a company!

One other laptop that caught my eye was a brand new HP Probook 450 G7, 15" screen, 10th Gen i5 10210 U processor, 8GB RAM, 512GB 2 SSD, integrated graphics card for GBP 762.

Does anyone have any particularly strong opinions on those models either way ?

In addition to the key points I mention above, should I also only be considering laptops with dedicated graphics cards from the likes of Nvidia etc.

Many thanks for your time.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow