Lens thoughts after having the X-T3 for a year

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
JoshuaRothman Forum Member • Posts: 71
Re: Lens thoughts after having the X-T3 for a year

16-55 This lens is so wonderful. Anyone new to the system needs to try this lens out. Im normally a prime guy, but this lens is just so addictive.

This is next on my list, I think! You may have nudged me further in that direction.

I own too many lenses and need to start selling some off. I'm thinking of letting go of the 18/2, 23/2, 27/2.8, and 50-230; these are all great lenses, especially the 23/2, but when I look at my EXIF data I see that I rarely use them.

Besides the 16 1.4, the two that have stood out the most as my personal keepers so far are 35 1.4 and 14 2.8. I just love the images I get with the 35 1.4; the magic is real. And the 14 2.8 creates pictures that are dramatic and almost hyper-realistic in their sharpness. It's quite different from the 16 1.4 despite the apparent nearness in focal length. I've been surprised by how much I love it, as I don't see it hyped much online; I often leave the house with just the 14, and even use it for pictures of my kid:

I'm excited to hunt down a 16-55.

JoshuaRothman's gear list:JoshuaRothman's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow