Lens thoughts after having the X-T3 for a year

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Meetmer
Meetmer Senior Member • Posts: 1,074
Re: Lens thoughts after having the X-T3 for a year

tjinsd wrote:

Ive been using the X-T3 for a year now, and have tried out a number of lenses. Of the Fuji brand lenses, i tried:

27mm Pancake (i) Didnt care for it and promptly sold it. In particular, i hate not having an aperture ring. I concluded id never get one again that didnt have one. It also was one of the first lenses i used with this camera... and was still learning the settings. So a lot of bad shots, which i believe were operator error and not the lens. Might be curious to try the new version when available... depending on the 35mm.

16mm 1.4 Amazing lens. I didnt expect to like this lens nearly as much as i do, and i use it a lot.

56mm 1.2 Great lens. Bought it on its reputation, and not disappointed. Havent been using it as much as i would have thought... in part because i have three little girls, and its too tight to get them all in frame (indoors. Outdoors no problem). Its a keeper for now, but unsure of its future. In part because i got the brick, and its so awesome.

16-55 This lens is so wonderful. Anyone new to the system needs to try this lens out. Im normally a prime guy, but this lens is just so addictive.

50-230 Very affordable lens, with a good range, and more than acceptable quality for the price.

90mm I just listed this for sale. Sharp and great quality, but its a tough focal length to use to for me. Not close enough for many things, and too long for others.

So my go-to lenses right now are he 16mm and the 16-55 (and Mitakon 35mm when in he mood!). I plan to get either the 23mm or the 35mm 1.4.... but havent been able to decide which of the two to get. Leaning toward the 35mm...

i also had and sold the Kamlan 50mm ii (sold it when i got the 56mm).... but regret selling it a little. Was a fun lens and have a number of great shots from it.

My niche use of the 90 mm is for sports. It focuses fast and it’s great if you have kids. It’s razor sharp too. Also, it’s a great portrait lens if you have enough working space. My suggestion is keep that lens and try to figure out some applications.

doug

Meetmer's gear list:Meetmer's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow