Lens thoughts after having the X-T3 for a year

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
tjinsd
OP tjinsd Regular Member • Posts: 193
Re: Lens thoughts after having the X-T3 for a year

SteakTree wrote:

Great impressions.

I sold my XF 27 - but I actually loved the image quality and size of the lens but knew if I wanted it I’d rather have the aperture ring from the rumoured (at the time) XF27mm mkii. The other reason is that overall , I preferred the image quality, control, and experience of using my Kamlan 28 1.4. I highly recommend that lens, especially if you like the 50mm 1.1 II (I have that one as well and it very good). Good close focus distance too. I got mine with a metal hood like the 50 f1.1.

Have gone through several others including 18-55, 16 2.8, Rokinon all great. Have now happily settled for the 16-80 which is perfect for my X-E3. It’s my primary lens now as it is so versatile. Love it’s colour, bokeh and contrast. It has a bit of soft edges at the extremes of the zoom which can add a bit of character.

I havent had a Rokinon on my X-T3.  I had a Rokinon 85 on my Sony A72 back when i had that... and it was one of my favorite lenses.  Granted...i didnt have any premium Sony lenses.

Now you've got me curious about that Kamlan 28.  For the price, might be fun to play with it, and try out that focal lenth.    Hmm...

tjinsd's gear list:tjinsd's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow