Lens thoughts after having the X-T3 for a year

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
tjinsd
OP tjinsd Regular Member • Posts: 193
Re: Lens thoughts after having the X-T3 for a year

Tom Schum wrote:

I've spent a lot of time playing with legacy tele primes, basically 135mm, most of them. It seems I get tired of these quickly but the pricing is usually low.

Have you any thoughts about other non-Fuji lenses you've been using?

Hey Tom...

Yes, i have the SMC Takumar (six element version) that i use from time to time. I need to devote more time to using it, as its pretty cool. I get nice shots with it, if i make sure to keep the shutter speed up high, or stabilize well. First nice weather we get ill shoot some more with it!

I agree with you that sharpness isnt always the most important thing... character is good too. I never used the Kamlan i.... just the ii... but i see what you mean.  My version couldnt  match the sharpness of the 56 1.2, but i still have lots of great keepers

This is how it goes. You will "resonate" with some gear, and not so much with other gear. It's normal, but a nice part of the journey too.

For sure. If i had more money, id hang on to all lenses and see if i get more interested in them later... but as it is now, i tend to sell what i dont foresee using much to try out different options. It helps keep things fun and different

tjinsd's gear list:tjinsd's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow