Photo Panorama Apps

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
KiwiTux
OP KiwiTux Regular Member • Posts: 165
Re: Photo Panorama Apps

Hesman wrote:

Just wondering if I was reading your question right: are you looking for an iOS based app that helps you take the guess work matching up the photos in a multi row pano or an app that does pano stitching?

FWIW, I have yet to see a good pano stitching app for iOS, except for Affinity Photo. There are others that use the camera in your mobile device and then creates a pano. Most of the really good pano software is still desktop based since the software needs the processing power that desktops have. There have been a few times that Affinity Photo has crashed on my iPad Pro when creating a pano, but was able to do it on the desktop version of Affinity Photo.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm happy to do the actual stitching back on desktop apps, but I just thought it would be really helpful to have a visual guide when taking photos that perhaps saved preview thumbnails in a grid so you can get a rough idea of composition when taking the shots. Also, maybe add some metadata or something to the set so you can identify later on the desktop/laptop.

Does Affinity Photo actually have a camera function, or does it stitch photos taken elsewhere?

-- hide signature --

-Sean

KiwiTux's gear list:KiwiTux's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow