Lens thoughts after having the X-T3 for a year

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tjinsd
tjinsd Regular Member • Posts: 193
Lens thoughts after having the X-T3 for a year

Ive been using the X-T3 for a year now, and have tried out a number of lenses.  Of the Fuji brand lenses, i tried:

27mm Pancake (i)     Didnt care for it and promptly sold it.  In particular, i hate not having an aperture ring.  I concluded id never get one again that didnt have one.  It also was one of the first lenses i used with this camera... and was still learning the settings.  So a lot of bad shots, which i believe were operator error and not the lens.  Might be curious to try the new version when available... depending on the 35mm.

16mm 1.4     Amazing lens.  I didnt expect to like this lens nearly as much as i do, and i use it a lot.

56mm 1.2     Great lens.  Bought it on its reputation, and not disappointed.  Havent been using it as much as i would have thought... in part because i have three little girls, and its too tight to get them all in frame (indoors.  Outdoors no problem).  Its a keeper for now, but unsure of its future.  In part because i got the brick, and its so awesome.

16-55     This lens is so wonderful.  Anyone new to the system needs to try this lens out.  Im normally a prime guy, but this lens is just so addictive.

50-230    Very affordable lens, with a good range, and more than acceptable quality for the price.

90mm     I just listed this for sale.  Sharp and great quality, but its a tough focal length to use to for me.  Not close enough for many things, and too long for others.

So my go-to lenses right now are he 16mm and the 16-55 (and Mitakon 35mm when in he mood!).  I plan to get either the 23mm or the 35mm 1.4.... but havent been able to decide which of the two to get.  Leaning toward the 35mm...

i also had and sold the Kamlan 50mm ii (sold it when i got the 56mm).... but regret selling it a little.  Was a fun lens and have a number of great shots from it.

tjinsd's gear list:tjinsd's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm 50-230mm Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +2 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow