Newb question about bulk photo upload from Z cameras

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BlueCoug New Member • Posts: 2
Newb question about bulk photo upload from Z cameras

I’ve done a search of the forum but didn’t quickly find an answer—apologies if this is has already been addressed. What methods are people using for bulk uploads from Z camera to computer?

I’ve yet to find a good way to simply upload all files from my Z50 to my mac laptop. My older Nikon d40x would work if I connected camera to laptop via usb cable, but the Z50 appears to require special software for this.  This software apparently can’t work through a usb hub, which I need to use to connect the supplied usb a / micro cable to my laptop’s usb c jacks. SnapBridge is ok for moving pics to my phone, but not laptop. Connecting laptop to camera via Bluetooth hasn’t worked for me, and via WiFi is tedious—only worked one at a time through a clunky interface. I don’t have a card reader (never had a device that was as difficult to connect via usb before) and may buy one, or a direct usb c to usb micro cable, but unfortunately a hardware based solution will have to wait until I’m home from the end of a current photo taking trip where I’d dearly like to clear the SD card daily to have room for more pics.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D40X Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow