Considering surface pro 7

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Austinian
MOD Austinian Forum Pro • Posts: 10,916
Re: Considering surface pro 7

bibop83 wrote:

Hello all !

Here is the thing, I'm now travelling quite often for work for extended period. I carry of course my camera.

I have to bring my work computer but cannot install any program on it. It means I have to wait til I return to edit my pictures and share them.

I would like to have a solution to edit "on the go" as its hard to fit both my work computer and my heavy 17" personal laptop.

Im considering a surface pro 7 but id like to have some feedback from people using it. Especially without a mouse or keyboard as Im a bit curious on how easy it is to use windows without them. I'll use it in the train and a mouse is not super practical there.

I bought capture one and I really enjoy it. Thats why Im lookibg at the surface as it seems its the only tablet that can run it...

Final question for the one who use it, how is your work flow ? Do you import the files, edit and then move them to external storage ? Space is ratjer limited in those devices...

Thank you !

Theo

I'm not doing photo processing on my Surface Pro 2017, but it should be capable of it. I prefer using the physical keyboard, but if you're used to the virtual keyboard that may be OK.

In place of a difficult-to-use-on-the train mouse I'd suggest a pen for precise touch work. I have a Bamboo Ink.

https://www.windowscentral.com/bamboo-ink-review

Note the need to switch pen protocols; it's easy.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow