My Current Compromise

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Thin_Ice Regular Member • Posts: 331
Re: My Current Compromise

Great that you can follow the racing with your camera! Try to get a picture of “the Auld Mug” when possible. It is the oldest trophy in sports. I had the chance to see and photograph it in Lausanne at the launch of the Alinghi catamaran.

Also try to get close to the boats at the docks. Possibly they have some days that you can visit the sailbase.
sailing photography of boats on the water is rather difficult. There are great action pics of their professional coverage all over the web.

The america’s cup is great racing and sportmanship & technological development, but at an exorbitant cost (> 100 mio USD for each team).

For some comparison: A Vendee Globe around the world campaign is about 4 mio for a top team. We sail dinghy’s on club, national and european level @ a couple of 100€/year for DIY repairs 😀.
How do the locals “down under” look at the cost aspects of this event? Team New Zealand has probably the lowest budget, but the best sailors😀. But there is also the organisation, etc..., probably funded by tax payers...

regards

Steven

Thin_Ice's gear list:Thin_Ice's gear list
Olympus E-420 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow