**Celebrating ‘Pinhead’ Sensor Bridge Cameras**

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
jrtrent Veteran Member • Posts: 6,221
liking the raw options

Stevie Boy Blue wrote:

Good to see you’re happy with the Sony you use, John.

To be honest, I wouldn’t care if Panasonic also dropped the RAW option in the pinhead sensor range as I simply have no use for it. Jpegs all the way for me.

Whatever floats one’s boat and all that jazz.

I've been a JPEG only kind of person for most of my digital shooting, but I used raw with Sigma because I was just never happy with the JPEG's from their cameras, and I'm finding the same with my FZ300.  My Ricoh CX3 (a pocket-sized pinhead camera with 28-300 mm equiv.) turns out JPEG pictures that look great to my eyes, but despite a lot of experimentation and twiddling in setting up the FZ300, I've just not been thrilled with its color quality.

Silkypix Developer Studio 8 SE added some new color profiles, and I'm loving "(Faithful) Portrait color 1."  That, along with Silkypix's "Auto (Natural)" white balance is giving me output I'm much more satisfied with, enough so that I'm thinking it may be time to find other homes for my APS-C DSLR's and the Sigma compact.  These have been fine cameras for me for the last 10-15 years, but I think the FZ300 along with the little Ricoh (for times when I prefer a tiny camera in a belt pouch) will meet all my needs.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow