TTL flash and aperture priority mode??

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
steveg_777 Junior Member • Posts: 44
TTL flash and aperture priority mode??

I'm brand new to flash photography, and very confused about TTL, such that I cannot even get started, despite reading some tutorials.

I have a sunpak DF4000U which I'm trying to use in TTL in Aperature Priority (AP) mode on a Canon 6D.

The problem is that when I enable the flash and set Av mode and setup to take a pic in a non-well lit area, the camera metering isn't taking into consideration the (very important) fact that I have a flash enabled and is setting a very high shutter speed (the same it would if no flash were attached), But I bought this stupid flash to help with exactly this -to add more light so I can hand-hold the camera in darker scenarios (DUH!!!)

I can play with the exposure bias but this defeats the entire point of the "automatic" TTL/ETTL which should evaluate the light and the boost the flash can provide and set a shorter shutter time.

I must be missing some very obvious point here,, but for the life of me cannot figure it out .

Canon EOS 6D Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow