Playing around with depth of field and I think I finally get it?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
tedolf
tedolf Forum Pro • Posts: 28,297
I am....

bclaff wrote:

tedolf wrote:

There are efficient and effective ways to learn, and inefficient and ineffective ways to learn. I am recommending the former.

That is why we have things called schools, colleges and universities, and why the use things called "books". We have found these things to be extremely efficient and effective.

My experience is that not everyone learns in the same way.
I think perhaps you are projected your style of learning onto others.

I am.

There is a reason why this is the way we train doctors, scientists, engineers, lawyers and even artists.

This is the most efficient and effective way to transmit knowledge.

For example, some people must attend every lecture and take copious notes while others can skip the lectures and simply do the reading.

I am suggesting that she do some reading.

I even linked to a specific book that everyone agrees is excellent for a beginning to intermediate amateur photographer.  It is inexpensive as well.

Some people can absorb information simply by reading prose and others are more visually oriented and benefit from a visual presentation.

The book I suggested has written text, diagrams and photographs.

Regards

Really  I don't get your point.

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow