Playing around with depth of field and I think I finally get it?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
tedolf
tedolf Forum Pro • Posts: 28,297
Re: Respectfully....

bclaff wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Lilly, I am going to try to say this as respectfully as I can without getting this thread locked. ... The experiment you did to discover how "bokeh" works has been done a million times and with props better than yours.

Here is my suggestion: instead of spending hours trying to figure out how a scientific aspect of photography works, or coming here to the peanut gallery and getting conflicting answers why not read a book written by acknowledged experts recognized for their skill in teaching photography? ...

On The Other Hand (OTOH) I applaud any effort that someone makes to learn by doing things hands on. So I think that's great but if more theory is desired then it should go hand-in-hand with good reference material. FWIW, sometimes the experts get it wrong.

There are efficient and effective ways to learn, and inefficient and ineffective ways to learn. I am recommending the former.

That is why we have things called schools, colleges and universities, and why the use things called "books".  We have found these things to be extremely efficient and effective.

Regards

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow