No WR? In 2021? Come on, Fuji...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mikeywcu
Mikeywcu Contributing Member • Posts: 812
No WR? In 2021? Come on, Fuji...

In 2012 I sold my Oly E-1 (perhaps the greatest I’ve ever owned) and E-3, and I picked an E-m5. And in 2012, that bad boy was weather sealed. Fast forward nine years, and Fuji won’t throw weather sealing on the XE4? I know they could’ve, and I get why they didn’t...but come on, guys. 
If the XE4 was announced with WR, I was seriously considering selling my XE3, selling my XPro3, and having a tight little rig with the latest sensor and AF technology...I don’t need 11fps; I just need fast AF. But that’s a hard nope. Do I regularly shoot in the rain? Nah. It is nice to have WR when I have and do? Yep. Do I like having a Pro body? Yep. Do I absolutely need titanium top and bottom plates? Nah. 
I get it...part of the $1800 price tag on my Pro3 was the peace of mind that it can handle the elements. But it’s the knowledge that they could’ve put WR into the XE4 and actively chose not to (but bundled it with a new lens that DOES have WR!). Guess I’ll keep springing for the pro bodies. They got me.

Mikeywcu's gear list:Mikeywcu's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Leica Summarit-M 75mm f/2.5 Carl Zeiss C Biogon T* 2,8/35 ZM +12 more
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rxb
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow