Samyang AF 14mm f2.8 RF firmware question

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Shaun Gibbs
OP Shaun Gibbs Contributing Member • Posts: 553
Re: Samyang AF 14mm f2.8 RF firmware question

GrunRad wrote:

The current Samyang Lens Manager software handles Sony, Canon (and Nikon) lenses (and their respective Lens Station types). There are no different versions for different mount types.

I owned the Samyang AF 14mm RF and updates the lens firmware (on a Windows machine) without any problems.
Does the Lens Manager software detect the Lens Station at all? The Lens Manager app should indicate the COM port (3, 4, ...), and clicking on "lens station info" should show the lens station FW version. If it doesn't, the device driver might not have been installed correctly: while the Lens Station is plugged in, check in Windows device manager for "Ports (COM and LPT)" - it should give the assigned serial port number, f.i. "USB Serial Port (COMx)" ). If this is not the case, try re-installing the Samyang software (which should also install a missing device driver).

Thank you. I will check tonight.

-- hide signature --

Sony Users -> It's the camera, not the photographer...
Everyone else -> It's the photographer, not the camera...
www.instagram.com/shaungibbsphotography

Shaun Gibbs's gear list:Shaun Gibbs's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon 70-300 F4-5.6 IS II +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow