Did I receive a bad copy of the XF 10-24mm WR?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deepsun
deepsun Forum Member • Posts: 52
Did I receive a bad copy of the XF 10-24mm WR?

Recently got the new WR version of the XF 10-24mm. Previously, I had never owned/used this lens, so I don't have any comparison to the copy I received.

But after a week or two I'm having trouble determining if the sharpness (or lack thereof) that I'm seeing is normal, or if I received a bad copy of the lens.

It seems like there's either decentering or just a general lack of sharpness at certain focal lengths. I see it more from about 18-24, but there's a pretty disappointing lack of corner sharpness all the way through.

I purchased it new from Adorama, but they've hedged and told me to call Fujifilm first to troubleshoot, which is very silly considering there's nothing Fujifilm can do over the phone.

At any rate, I wanted to share some images to see if anyone else with the same version of the lens could compare my photos to theirs.

Thanks.

Edit: Higher quality images.

deepsun's gear list:deepsun's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow