XT4 update

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DarnGoodPhotos Forum Pro • Posts: 10,769
Re: XT4 update

ttusteveo wrote:

I don't quite see why Fuji releases so many bodies either. A spreadsheet probably explains it.

At the core of the issue there are two styles of bodies with two tiers each; X-E# / X-Pro# and X-T## / X-T#; so that's four cameras where other companies would have two. Beyond that they have the fixed lens X100, Entry level X-A# / X-T### which are actually made by a different company and may just be dropped, three medium format cameras, and the new PASM X-S10.

Beyond dropping the entry level cameras, I'm not sure what Fuji could cut, I sure wouldn't want it to be the X100 line. If the X-S10 proves popular it may replace the X-T##; considering how the XE4 has been simplified, fans of the X-T30 may not like what the Xt40 could become. Of course then Fuji may add another premium camera in the form of the X-S# which would replace the next X-H#.

-- hide signature --

www.darngoodphotos.com

DarnGoodPhotos's gear list:DarnGoodPhotos's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow