XT4 update

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Nick on the Baltic
Nick on the Baltic Regular Member • Posts: 253
Re: XT4 update

Fuji Maine wrote:

I

As of this morning, the follow is the list of cameras Fuji has released since September of 2018:

XT3, XT4

Significant updates of a top-of-the-range model. Would you rather have waited longer for the XT4?

XT30, XA7, XT200,

Updates of entry-level models with a choice of Bayer or X-Trans sensors, to stay relevant in a fast-moving consumer segment

Xpro3,

A significant update (after a long wait) of a top-of-the-range model.

X100V

An update of the only fixed lens X model, last updated in 2017

XS10

A new model to appeal to a new demographic

XE4.

An update to a unique mid-range model, last updated in 2017

I might have even missed one but even that is nine cameras or one just about every three months. Seven of them use the same sensor and processor. Not sure if the XT200 and XA7 use the same processor with the different sensor. Regardless, that's a whole heck of a lot of bodies in that time period without much performance increase.

But bodies in different segments, each providing much wanted improvements vs their previous models. Not saying anything regarding your complaints about what technologies any particular model doesn't have, but I think your complaint about the number of new bodies is missing the point.

-- hide signature --

Nick on the Baltic

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow