XT4 update

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Threaded Veteran Member • Posts: 3,460
Re: XT4 update

11 months is a bit of an exaggeration - it was announced in February last year, but (according to Wikipedia at least) wasn’t released till April.  Since then, the people really playing the waiting game for updates were the X-T3 owners, who didn’t get the latest AF updates from that camera until just before Christmas.  Prior to that they didn’t even have the latest updates from the X-Pro3 released a full year before.

I’d personally say it’s a little soon to be griping about the XT4’s lack of updates, particularly since there hasn’t really been anything released since that improves on it, up to and including the latest XE4.  That said, yes there is plenty of evidence that what we previously knew as “kaizen” is now a much slower moving and less predictable beast, and it’s also a fact that yes - just like the XH1 - the XT4 came relatively late in the current sensor/processor cycle.

History tells us that Fuji pretty much always stop feature development on firmware for the existing processor when they release a new one, and it’s almost inevitable that - with the XE4 now out of the way and the entire current lineup on X-Trans IV - they will turn their attention to a new sensor and processor for future products.  I’m sure the XT4 will get some new toys thrown at it at some point, but I wouldn’t expect much more than one reasonable update.

Threaded's gear list:Threaded's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow