XT4 update

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Foxjet Contributing Member • Posts: 940
Re: XT4 update

Jerry-astro wrote:

I guess it all depends on your expectations when buying a camera. While I really appreciate the Kaizen updates and the added functionality, when I buy a camera, I assess it on its features, value, handling, and other criteria. If it serves my needs and is a good value, then I will purchase it and get the most out of it over its life. I don’t purchase it for future, undefined features that might or might not be delivered over its lifetime. I prefer to think of the Kaizen updates as a nice bonus rather than something I’m banking on or feel cheated about if they don’t meet my hopes and expectations. I try to use a similiar philosophy in purchasing most anything... assessing whether the product meets my current and future needs as is, rather than hoping it might become something different.

I realize that you see this very differently, and we all have our own viewpoints. However, given the fact that Kaizen updates are not necessarily common or standard practice in the industry, I try not to take them for granted. Obviously YMMV, but I frankly have a really hard time sympathizing with your concerns here. If you feel other vendors are doing a better job of updating their products, then you may find that direction to be more compelling.

Absolutely agree, way too much negativity going around. Fuji has to make smart business decisions to stay in the camera business in these trying times.

Foxjet's gear list:Foxjet's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow