Excitement for new XF70-300

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DanLbk Regular Member • Posts: 261
Excitement for new XF70-300

I may be late to the news, but I just learned that Fuji is releasing an XF70-300mm OIS WR lens. This is really exciting new to me. I'm a relatively new Fuji user. I have an X-T2 and only one lens - the XF18-55. I've been wanting a second lens that will give me more telephoto power. I am a generalist, travel photographer so I value versatility and light weight over perfect picture quality. I've been eyeing the 55-200 forever but it's not WR. I've also been considering the 16-80 for its WR and versatility in zoom range but I've read too many negative reviews about it. The 70-300 checks off my WR preference and telephoto needs (more reach than the 55-200). I know it's 300g heavier than the 55-200 so I know I'm sacrificing light weight for the extra 100m of reach. Hopefully, the reviews for its picture quality are decidedly in the positive category and not as mixed and controversial as the 16-80. Curious to know the group's thoughts on this new exciting lens.

-- hide signature --

Daniel
X-T2 enthusiast

DanLbk's gear list:DanLbk's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow