XT4 update

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fuji Maine Senior Member • Posts: 1,053
XT4 update

I was holding on hope for this mornings Fuji event to announce anything with regards to the XT4.  Unfortunately, nothing.  It's been 11 months since the release of the XT4 and there's been no meaningful FW update with regards to performance or features.  Part of me was hesitant to even post this knowing that one of the first three replies will be, "you know what it was when you bought it". To that point, you're right.  100%.  I've consumed the Kaizen Koolaid when I should have known better.  After buying the XH1 I should known.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  All that said I'm just disappointed, that's all.  I guess the crux of my frustration lies with what seems like every three months Fuji releases a new camera and most of them are the same thing besides form factor and +/- a couple features here and there that are held back.  There's something to be said for having "something for everyone".  There's also something to be said about using time and resources to get the most out of a more limited lineup.  It would just be nice to have a the lines separated a bit more with different hardware.  As of today, the XT4 turned out to be what I had feared it might only be which is nothing more than an XT3 with IBIS, a flip screen no one wanted and a new battery.  A reminder that the XT3 came out in September of 2018.  Two and a half years later with that sensor and processor and they haven't gotten any more out of it than how the XT4 sits today.  It's the XH1 all over again.  Maybe we'll see some sort of effort put in when they are ready to launch the next generation of cameras and need to move the XT4's.  It just feels like a half hearted effort to actually advance things forward.  I'm just venting I guess but I can't be the only one who finds this frustrating.

As of this morning, the follow is the list of cameras Fuji has released since September of 2018:

XT3, XT30, Xpro3, X100V, XA7, XT200, XT4, XS10, XE4. I might have even missed one but even that is nine cameras or one just about every three months.  Seven of them use the same sensor and processor.  Not sure if the XT200 and XA7 use the same processor with the different sensor. Regardless, that's a whole heck of a lot of bodies in that time period without much performance increase.

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow