M6 to M6ii

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
geru Senior Member • Posts: 1,188
Re: M6 to M6ii

Aussie Coop wrote:

Can anyone that has upgraded tell me how they like the new grip ( I read it was deeper ) and if the new back button AF button feels easier to use than on the original

Don't have the M6, I traded up from the M50 which is similar. The grip does make a difference it's deeper and beefier.

For me the AF/MF switch is the bigger change. I like BB focus but on the M50 I found it to not be very useful because of the location of the button. On the MK II there's a button in the cent of the AF/MF switch and I have assigned that to BB focus. It feels very natural and after only a few days it easily became second nature.

The M50 has the video record button on top. and the MK II Video Button is on the back in pretty much the same location as the M6. I kept inadvertently hitting it. I don't use video enough to have an assigned on/off button so I just turned that button off, that solved my problem.

Where the M6 has the EC mode dial the MKII has the dial function press that an quite a few adjustments can be made including EC and FEC when using the flash. I FInd it quick and very useful to change settings.  I very seldom have to enter the menu system

Over all the MKII is a huge improvement for me over the M50.

geru's gear list:geru's gear list
Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow