Is the A1 Designed for Photojournalists/Sports Photographers?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ZurichPhoto Contributing Member • Posts: 755
Re: Is the A1 Designed for Photojournalists/Sports Photographers?

As you may see from my gear list, I'm a Nikon sport shooter who has been watching mirrorless developments in anticipation of making the "leap" from DSLRs and possibly changing systems. The Alpha 1 may speed up that process that I was hoping to avoid for a few more years.

There are 3 things that most sports photographers agree on.

* You can't have too much reach

* You can't have too many fps

* Low--light ISO performance is never good enough

I'm not too worried about the file size. My guess is most people buying a $6,500 camera and $10,000-plus superteles will feel the same. Cards and storage are cheap. And I'm not transmitting hundreds of files at a time. Transmission speeds will improve with 5G, This may be an issue for some but for me -- not so much.

More MPs also allow for more cropping, which is important to most sports shooters.

I'm going to generalize here -- so tech guys, hold your fire, please -- but in many cases more MPs have had an impact on low-light performance, Personally, I'd rather have better ISO performance.

We'll see how this camera performs. I hope it is spectacular.

ZurichPhoto's gear list:ZurichPhoto's gear list
Nikon D5 Nikon D6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow