Nikon Z files in Capture One Pro and DxO PhotoLab

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ArmchairPro
ArmchairPro Junior Member • Posts: 49
Re: Nikon Z files - DxO PhotoLab process time

Just for information, it seems DXO PRIME and DeepPRIME are very CPU consuming. The following process time (very approximate) is for a 45M size image.  I used several RAW files of D850 and Z7 for the comparison.

On an older computer, with Core i5-7400 and 16GB RAM (DDR4-2133), and a very crappy display card, the process time for DeepPRIME is about 2 min 50 sec. The process time for PRIME is about 2 min.

On a better computer, with Core i7-10700F and 16GB RAM (DDR4-2933), and a better display card (though it is mainly the CPU working, over 90%), the process time for DeepPRIME is about 25 sec. The process time for PRIME is about 40 sec (yes, it is slower than DeepPRIME).

The above is not a scientific test, and other components of the computer also differ.  It is for information only.  For people with an older computer, DXO DeepPRIME or PRIME can be annoyingly slow.

ArmchairPro's gear list:ArmchairPro's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow