Sigma 35mm or canon 35mm

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Strangefinder
Strangefinder Contributing Member • Posts: 607
Re: Sigma 35mm or canon 35mm

Hello, Sigma has three 35mm, and I believe that they can all be calibrated in various ways using USB Docks which they sell cheaply in each mount.

I’m guessing you mean the SLR lens, the Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM. If it’s being used on a Canon SLR then it will likely need to be calibrated since they tend to calibrate them to the most common camera, whereas Canon doesn’t calibrate all the cameras the same.

If it’s being used on a mirrourless camera, though, the focus calibration becomes unnecessary since the focus is read from the sensor. The docks do allow preference changes to speed of focus and other characteristics, too, though.

I hope that helps

-- hide signature --

“Remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible. But in the end, they always fall. Always.” Gandhi
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” Malcolm X

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow