Well... that escalated quickly

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
akjos
akjos Veteran Member • Posts: 4,564
Well... that escalated quickly

I got the R6 about 3 weeks ago . I instantly loved the camera and like it more the more i shoot with it which so far amounted to about only 300 photos. After some pixel peeping with kit lens and testing the AF and high iso I’m actually so impressed ( except the cheap plasticky built as I expressed before) that I got rid of my Z6 and 3 expensive lenses . Traded all the nikon stuff for the monster 28-70 plus 1400$ in my pocket. I did loose some money in the process trading with the guy I know and did business with few times before who buys and sells gear as a hobby... but It wasn’t that bad and I got very reasonable deal dictated by current average second hand prices. #YOLO 😂

The 70-200 was already on order. Originally wanted the 15-35 but I hardly shoot wider then 24 anyway and will use this lens much more.
it is a BEAST. Totally ridiculous ... not just very fat but HEAVY. The pictures just don’t do it justice. You will definitely have the holy $.!@ moment seeing and holding it in person first time.
70-200 came tonight with ups box looking like it came thru warzone but the lens seems ok so far. Its crazy that 70-200 2.8 feels like a small and light lens now lol.
pictures to follow...

here are the 2 side by side for comparison....

That is the 77mm “small” cap next the the 95mm 😂

Canon EOS R6 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow