Almost Embarressed

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dan Hudson
Dan Hudson Senior Member • Posts: 1,329
Almost Embarressed

To tell the truth, I rejected ownership of the Canon 18-150mm lens for my M50 over a period of time. During this time I did purchase 3 of those lenses and for various reasons returned all of them except number 3. Reasons ranged from lack of DOF (in my opinion) to off centeredness and what do I need this for. My 55mm lens does a good job. But, recently the thought entered my head again for mainly the ability to render long distant subjects into something I call good composition. I really have no desire to capture distant objects, but compositions of ponds and gates that I have no physical access to began to play on my mind. Maybe just an excuse to get the 18-150mm in my possession again. Just that desire for distant compositions started the wheels moving and did the trick. I got another one, this time a refurbished one from Canon itself which was supposed to be as good as a new one. And it was, even better than one of the others. Looks new, works new and produces like new. Boy am I happy this time for not only it's proving it's distant composition ability, but in between too. I would like to post one of my several long distant compositions with this like new 18-150mm lens.

Please keep in mind it is a long way away and cropped.

I would call this lens my all purpose lens and the only one I carry.
Thanks all for your past encouragement about this lens that I disregarded.
Dan

-- hide signature --

Christian Amateur Photographer
Choose life's involvements carefully with an eye toward eternity.

Dan Hudson's gear list:Dan Hudson's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX120 IS Canon EOS M50 Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow