Camera fell off tripod

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
monstersmasher New Member • Posts: 7
Camera fell off tripod

Hi everyone,

I'm an amateur photographer and definitely know very little about cameras.  I bought a Sony A7iii with a 28-70 mm kit lens last year (upgrade from my old Canon T4i). Three months in, the camera fall off the tripod. I had a screen protector on which saved the display screen. I noticed an instant dent around the metal ring part of the lens. The camera instantly started having focus issues (the aperture on the screen was showing as "-").  It was still taking pictures but they were all blurred.

Long story short, I got it repaired and the shutter was replaced along with a few minor repairs on the lens. The camera is working fine now but it makes me nervous because I've barely used it (shutter count was 1400 when it fell).  I'm just nervous that a year from now, the old issue might cause a new issue, resulting in more repairs. I will probably not be replacing the camera for another 5 years.

For those of you who have gotten cameras repaired, how often have you faced issues related to the initial damage? I am thinking of selling the camera (maybe take a hit of a few hundred). Would you consider that a wise decision?

monstersmasher's gear list:monstersmasher's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T4i Sony a7 III
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow