Things you hate about Fuji?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ms18
ms18 Senior Member • Posts: 2,963
Things you hate about Fuji?

This is second part where in first part I've asked what you liked about Fuji.

Now it's time to talk what you hate about Fuji.

Personally I severely disliked X-Trans sensor as I have spent lot of time learning Adobe software. As I'm never brand loyal but requirement loyal when economically feasible and requirement come I can swap system if I have to. I may be asked to shoot with different system. But my post processing workflow remain same. Because I'm not good with software as I'm good with camera systems. I can learn any camera soon and adopt but not that easy in editing software. I can emulate any of my vision with any camera (lens i can't though) but to do same in other software my brain bleeds. 
But I don't complain about X-Trans any more as now i feel the issue is not any more with Adobe. They have also offered this "Enhance Details" option which i don't use but still it's there in case if I find some wired thing. But for me default rendition itself look great in new adobe camera RAW. Now i'm indifferent regarding X-Trans. But I'd support Adobe than Fuji.

I started my photography with PASM mode but I'm typically good at learning camera knobs and features. I was indifferent (never disliked) about this analogue type controls at the beginning. But now i really like it. I like the fact we can change shutter and aperture without even turning on the camera. I'm disappointed with X-S10 using modern PASM mode. I wish for a ISO dial in place of Exposure compensation dial in lower end cameras though.

Many love fuji simulation colors. Personally i shoot RAW most of the time. The only time I shoot Jpg is when client want the SD card right after the shoot. Even then i'm indifferent regarding Fuji simulations. They are ok So does other cameras in my opinion. I don't see much special as other say. Again i started photography in digital so i don't ' have nostalgia regarding real films. Some time I feel Canon RAW files are good in ACR than Fuji Raws. May be it's just a feeling as I don't use their R&D spending and color science since I shoot RAW and go with Adobe color profile. I don't want to keep my output depend on a camera brand. I some time feel bad when i see camera promo videos with film simulations. I feel like that's for casual shooters like that.

Let's come to things I really dislike. hate is hard word

• Their Auto ISO implementation. I shoot manual 95 percent of time. still recently as one friend in Forum suggested to try it out I tried. I believe they don't need minimum shutter option and 3 slots.

When we can simply turn the shutter dial to tell camera what minimum shutter this min shutter becomes unnecessary. Every one wants to shoot in low ISO so min sensitivity also become unnecessary. I think instead of having confusing 3 slots with 3 settings they would have had just maximum ISO setting only without confusing 3 slots. Min shutter can be simply selected by shutter dial. Keeping shutter dial in Auto can get the focal length minimum requirement shutter.
  • The dials, rings turns other way compared to popular brands.
  • Most prime lens don't have good close focusing capability but again good trade off for being small.
  • They don't have good super telephoto primes but again i don't consider Fuji is still not a sports / wildlife camera and this is not my personal requirement.
  • This Kaizen update thing has seems become thing of the past. I have X-T20 and i wish i could get the 15min shutter in T mode by a firmware update. Still I have 30sec exposure. 
  • I believe Fuji is still behind in fast focusing department compared to Sony and Canon. 

What things you don't like in Fuji?

-- hide signature --

If you like my pictures follow me on Insta
https://www.instagram.com/mahidoes/

ms18's gear list:ms18's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow