Birds & BIFs through Sunset and Dusk (1/25/21)

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
zackiedawg
OP zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 33,819
Snapa,

snapa wrote:

It's always nice to see what you saw on those days I'm either too busy, or too bored to go out there myself. That's probably why I don't go as often as you do, because I can check my PC once or twice a week and see what was out there just by viewing your posts.

I agree - I always enjoy seeing the wildlife others post, whether in the same area or areas I may never visit.  Unfortunately, we're in a lull with posts - very few people posting photos, and very few people commenting/viewing photos.  Winter tends to be like that - hopefully things will wake up again.

It's been a few weeks since I was there, so I'll try to make it up that way this weekend, hope to see you there if I do go.

I decided to head up to Peaceful Waters this past weekend, so this coming weekend I'm planning on Green Cay and Wako only.

Below are my favorite pictures.

The Grey-Headed Swamphen for the colors, sharpness, and background.

The Great Blue Heron because of how it shows the striking power of that big hard beak! It must have taken some serious FPE to penetrate through the scull of that fish.

Many thanks.  Agreed - it's amazing how birds can stab their way into the fish so deep, but even more when you consider he's going right through the skull.  Quite a strike!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow