Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
giarc
giarc Senior Member • Posts: 1,104
Re: I need a cheap Nikon for Zoom

ovrebekk wrote:

giarc wrote:

ovrebekk wrote:

jimhughes wrote:

I've been using my Z50 for Zoom, via SparkOCam. Works great BUT it's too much of a hassle. I have to mount it on a tripod, plug in USB, remove the memory card (because that gives SparkOCam trouble). And I drain the battery, because there's no AC adaptor for the Z50.

Worst of all, SparkOCam takes it out of Raw mode, and I never remember to switch it back. BIG PROBLEM.

This!! So much this!!

Twice now I have come back after an outing just to realize I shot all my pictures in TIFF mode

Wow, that is an obnoxious behavior of the software! I would totally get annoyed.

Guess it could be worse; could be JPG

Haha, true, you get the bit depth at least. Correcting white balance issues is still a pain though...

Have either of you tried the Nikon webcam utility? I've been using it and it seems to just work ( still have the power issues...)

What are you using it with?

I don't think the Nikon webcam utility is sufficient for programs like Teams and Zoom.

Which camera? Z7. I use it with Zoom and MS Teams (this one daily). In what way do you think it insufficient? honest question, as I've had zero issues. Granted, most of my meetings/calls are on the shorter side ( thankfully!), like, an hour or so. Also, using a Mac.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow