Yet again, but maybe with a twist. Bear with me. If you started over again with Pentax...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AndrewJ Regular Member • Posts: 231
Yet again, but maybe with a twist. Bear with me. If you started over again with Pentax...

I am a photog amateur and may be for years to come. I'm ok with that. I have too many interests and also too many distractions. I'm drawn to DSLR's and specifically Pentax to the point I have difficulty explaining it. I bought into the system because of the IQ, easy menu, and ergonomics. There was something about it that was unique and that had value. Do I get frustrated, oh yes and often but not because of the equipment but because I don't give photography the time it/I require to learn enough to do well with it. I struggle but it's something I shelve then pick up again several months later and so on and I understand that. I'm actually ok with it because of this understanding. I could pick up a Canon something or other and maybe get many more keepers but I don't feel compelled to try it. My kids are now off to college and it's quiet around the house. Without my children being the focus of my photography I will need to learn to look elsewhere. So I'll start practicing again and start lugging my kit on each vacation and go from there.

So I'm reading all and thinking about the K3III. I was considering the K1 but the smaller size just calls to me. Then I got to rethinking my lens kit (ignorance combined with a little lba and I'm all over the place). I started by searching the site but there are pages and pages of irrelevant posts that come up so I thought I'd just create my own and see what happens.

If you started over today were only into Pentax and knowing what you know now, what would your lens kit look like? The below is what I'm interested in. Something brief that captures lens choices for your personal situation/need that other new Pentax shooters can reference in one post. Or simply ignore it but I'd certainly appreciate your thoughts. I'm sure some of us have made purchases we regret as we learned along the way and quite a few now know so much more than the rest of us it would be great sharing the wealth so the wheel doesn't need to be reinvented.

Personally, I may sell off all I have for the new K3III and my next lens choices will make more sense. Who knows, maybe I'll try the K1 even.

APS-C or FF?

I shoot mainly:

Therefore my kits consists of:

My personal experience or any other comments:

Much appreciated.

AndrewJ's gear list:AndrewJ's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL Pentax smc DA 50mm F1.8 +1 more
Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow