A1 Ports, what are they used for?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP neokind Forum Member • Posts: 60
Re: A1 Ports, what are they used for?

panther fan wrote:

neokind wrote:

Can someone help me out and let me know what all the ports in the A1 are for? I’m not in the market, but I am curious what kinds of jobs might require or or be made easier with them.

from what I can see, we have an HDMI, usb-c, co-axial, and Ethernet. I understand the use of the hdmi and usb-c, but the other two are mysteries to me. Is the Ethernet for rapid uploads of big files to servers by photojournalists?

One more for you; with the dual cfexpress cards do we have a buffer size or max exposure number at 30fps? Just curious.

1. Ethernet is for sport venues. The camera can upload images to an FTP server while you are shooting. So your editor can publish an image of athlete XYZ doing ABC just minutes after it happened. No need to wait for the end of the game

2. The buffer size with compressed RAW is 155 at 30FPS and 238 at 20FPS but is supposed to clear "almost instantly" with CF-Express cards

Thanks!

The buffer clearing speed is astonishing.  I was delighted when I got my A7iii and the uhs-ii card was so much faster than my previous camera body.  But I still occasionally run into shooting situations where I have to wait for it to clear.  I’m curious how the tech advances in the A1 will drift downstream to the A7 now.

neokind's gear list:neokind's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Voigtlander 12mm F5.6 Ultra Wide Heliar Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow