Thinking about upgrading to the A77 ii from the A77, but...

Started Jan 25, 2021 | Discussions thread
ElGhuraify Junior Member • Posts: 43
Re: Thinking about upgrading to the A77 ii from the A77, but...

Rambler358 wrote:

Yes, the plan was to trade in for a used A77ii body. Though my A77’s current shutter count is 2103, and I haven’t been able to find a used A77ii body with less than 10k exposures. But I guess that’s to be expected.

And my budget is basically trading in or selling existing gear to get the A77ii. If I sold ALL my current gear I might be able to get an A7iii, but then that would maybe only get me a kit lens, and I’d be out of funds for anything else.

I’m now I’m trying to decide if it’s still worth it to “upgrade” to a used A77ii, or just keep my existing A77 and sell some of my current lenses to get another lens that I want. Man, these decisions are hard!

Check this one if its still available, you could negotiate and see if the seller accepting any offers. For the price of body + lens and two batteries, it is a decent deal.

Or just keep using your current gear and save money to buy an A7III (The specs will serve you for many years ahead). Try renting one as they will drop in price soon once the new A74 released.

Just rent both of them and see.

 ElGhuraify's gear list:ElGhuraify's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow