Godox with EOS R and R5/R6 - Current state of play?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GammyKnee Contributing Member • Posts: 947
Godox with EOS R and R5/R6 - Current state of play?

Note: I'm posting this in the R forum because real-world compatibility with my R and R6 is right at the heart of this!

I'm currently on the Yongnuo side of things. I have a small army of their pure manual models (YN560III) and a single TTL/HSS capable YN685, along with the two triggers, YN560TX and YN622C TX). I've used this kit on many shoots, I'm very familiar with it, and it just works, every time, and switching to the R and R6 hasn't broken anything. I'm considering upgrading all my manual flash to YN685 so that I'll have bit more scope for HSS.

BUT.. I could take this opportunity to flip over to Godox, which seems to be more of a balanced, well thought out system, This decision hinges really on one (for me) big question:

On the R and R5/R6, can I get wireless HSS with *manual* power control, using Godox?

I'd really appreciate feedback from people who have actual experience of this; manuals and spec sheets and promises of f/w updates don't count for much if the kit doesn't actually work in the present.

FWIW, I'd be looking at the Godox TT600 flash and I guess the X1T-C/XPro-C(?), but of course I'm open to other recommendations.

Many thanks in advance.

GammyKnee's gear list:GammyKnee's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
kli
kli
kli
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow