Calibration Monitor difference Facebook,Instagram etc.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark Scott Abeln
Mark Scott Abeln Forum Pro • Posts: 16,598
Color management

Lbs26 wrote:

So...after calibrating my display with Xrite i1,i noticed that my photos look more dark and contrasty in Facebook,Instagram and other Smartphone devices etc. except in Photoshop...i know many many great famous Photographers who upload daily photos to Facebook and Instagram etc. and i just wanna know how they deal with this issues.

This is likely not a display calibration problem, but probably has something to do with color management.

So you do the display calibration, and then you load the generated profile into your computer operating system? Both Windows and Mac have places in the system settings where the profile is installed.

Then when you edit an image, you save it with an sRGB profile embedded in it?

Is your image editor color managed? What do you use, and what version?

Is your web browser color managed? What do you use? Is color management actually turned on?

Basically, everything in your computer that you use to view and edit images needs to be color managed, and the right color profiles need to be used in the right spots.

Mark Scott Abeln's gear list:Mark Scott Abeln's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow