Olympus 17mm f1.8 or Panasonic 20mm f1.7ii on Panasonic body

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Ahgre
Ahgre Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: Olympus 17mm f1.8 or Panasonic 20mm f1.7ii on Panasonic body

Gnine wrote:

march hare wrote:

Most people, myself included, feel the 15mm has some Leica magic in there and the 17mm is a bit mediocre and boring.

You definitely are out there with the pixies and fairies or how about an example to backup your statement????

I don't see it all the time, but in the right lighting, it's there. Not everyone sees it, & that's okay. I do, & as long as it makes me happy, then that's all that matters.

interesting. If I add +1 to sharpeness, contrast and saturation to my default colour jpg setting does it add ‘Leica magic’ to my photos? lol jokes I do understand each lens has its own character and one would prefer one or the other. At the end of the day its what ‘I’ like, not someone else likes. I havent used pana 15mm but Im sure its a great lens. It looks super cool to start with.

For the same reason I really like my canon 85 1.2. It has a neutral tone with some shocking halation and light bleeds, plus swirl bokeh. Newer lenses can control this really well and outputs a very stable image. But hey I think its the character thats added in to the canon 85.2 and it sometimes produces some amazing pics ‘to me’.

Ahgre's gear list:Ahgre's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS R6 +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow