Advice on camera and lighting kit

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yusha07 New Member • Posts: 20
Advice on camera and lighting kit

Hello everyone!

First, my name is Yusuf, a university graduate from Yemen. I'm planning to build a studio to help my family.

Second, I'm a total beginner, and after a lot of reading, I decided to buy the Fuji x-t3 + xf 56mm f1.2 + xf 16-55mm f2.8 for the camera and lenses. For the lighting I'm planning to buy the Godox ad200, V1, and two budget Godox flashes (for less than 50$). The two small flashes are meant to be used as a rim, hair or background lights, and the the ad200, V1 are going to be used in my studio and some casual weddings.

I'm also thinking of buying rectangular reflectors (big affordable ones), an octobox (or a parabolic softbox), a shoot-through umbrella, a big reflective umbrella for group shoots (silver lining), some light and of course light stands (3 max). (All Godox or good budget ones)

I'm relatively on a budget, and I'm planning to buy used camer, lenses, and maybe the lighting kit.

My questions are:

1- Am I on the right path?

2- Is the ad200 enough for studio work?

4- What small flashes should I buy? (less than 50$)

3- What is the Godox trigger that is compatible with all my flashes?

4- Do I need to buy a specific tripod for the x-t3, or are all tripods the same? (I heard that the Neewer Carbon Fiber 66 inches is a good and cheap one) (the photographer is 186cm and I'm 176cm)

5- Is there any cheap (relatively good) light meters out there? (there seems to be none), for I'm planning to get one.

6- Any suggestions for a budget studio background stand and backgrounds? (paper and muslin)

7- What kind of lights should I use for the studio? (I searched for cheap light bulbs with good CRI (+90) and all my efforts were in vain ), and what light temperature should I get?

8- One last question, I might need an affordable screen for editing, and a good cheap printer (A3)? (any suggestions)

Thanks in advance, and sorry for asking so many questions 😅

PS: I'm not going to the photographer, I'm hiring a professional one. I'm a pro designer, and I will learn photography for sure.

Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R APD Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
Bob
Bob
kli
kli
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow