Thinking about upgrading to the A77 ii from the A77, but...

Started Jan 25, 2021 | Discussions thread
Rambler358
OP Rambler358 Senior Member • Posts: 1,551
Re: Thinking about upgrading to the A77 ii from the A77, but...

robberfly12 wrote:

Rambler358 wrote:

The A-68 is a better camera in most respects. Thus, I think you'd find the A-77II to be a significant improvement over the A-77. I wish Sony hadn't discontinued these (A-68 and A-77II). I'd still buy another A-68 if one was available.

Hi Ed - I just checked Sony's (USA) site, and the A68 and A77ii models are still current models and can be bought there. I also
Sony Interchangeable Lens Cameras

If you actually select an A68 or A77ii there, and click through the links, you'll find that the only available configuration is an A77ii w/Sony 16-50 at Crutchfield for $1798. All configurations listed on the Sony site for the A68 unfortunately lead nowhere.

Sorry - I didn’t bother to check that far. Looks like Sony really is slowly killing off the A-mount.  I wonder how long the A99 will be around for.  At any rate, I can see now why people are moving away from Sony.  If only Sony could make an FE-mount camera look like a real DSLR.  Se la vie...

-- hide signature --

Ron
Torrance, CA

Rambler358's gear list:Rambler358's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow