Have RX100 III, Considering V

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
larrytusaz Senior Member • Posts: 2,671
Have RX100 III, Considering V

I have a Sony RX100 III, I mostly shoot landscapes and portraits, and the latter I'd be more inclined to do using my Nikon Z50 and 50mm 1.8G lens anyway.

Anyway I've spotted a V for less than $400 and am considering it. I figure for $150 or so, assuming I can get $250 for my III, I would have a V in its place. Since my III, as I posted about earlier, has an iffy diopter adjustment on its EVF that I have to keep readjusting, I figure a newer condition V would be less likely to have this, plus you get the improvements made to AF.  Besides that you get a better auto ISO implementation and the ability to not have the camera turn off when you close-up the EVF.

Then again, I don't do any "speed" shots much (the V is said to have a lot of speed) and as I use Lightroom 5.7 I figure the RAW files from a V wouldn't be compatible without the fuss of converting to DNG. Also I'm told the image quality is really the same. That, along with spending extra money, even if it is "only" $150 or so, say I should just say with the III.

Thoughts?

larrytusaz's gear list:larrytusaz's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D3300 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +3 more
Nikon Z50 Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow