Is it flickering or not?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Andreascy
Andreascy Contributing Member • Posts: 879
Is it flickering or not?

Hello there. I came across with older monitor borrow from a friend and I am testing it for 2 monitor setup for photoshop. Although is older monitor around 15 years, is eizo brand the picture quality is nice and produce deep blacks and also have wide color gamut. I made a test for flickering  that i found in internet using my phone camera. At first It was flickering on the screen when I moved the phone I could see like a horizontal waves in screen. The monitor was sitting exactly in a place that plenty of light was coming  from behind from a big window. I moved the screen in other position so no backlight coming from behind and I couldn't see those waves in the monitor. Those waves showing only if the phone camera record also backlight from the window. My newer hp monitor in any case there is not such waves . the eizo monitor is connected tp my pc using an dvi from monitor  to hdmi pc belkin cable. The refresh rate is 60hz of the monitor. With visible eyes I can't notice anything on scree. So the question is this monitor having flickering? If yes is a way for fix it? Is the screen problem or is because the older s-pva panel tgat using this monitor. And even if has flickering how bad is for the eyes taking in mind that the usage of this monitor will be only when I am using photoshop to help with editing.

Andreascy's gear list:Andreascy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow