Using RAW Images in Apple's Photos Software

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Ron Outdoors Contributing Member • Posts: 974
Re: Using RAW Images in Apple's Photos Software

grcolts wrote:

I have mainly used jpegs when using Apple Photos software and have not had any problems. However, I decided to upload some RAW files to see how they worked with Photos. Even though my camera is listed with Apple OS the program did not do well with my RAWS. It became sluggish and would eventually lock up when trying to process a RAW file. I finally gave up. Who else has experienced this when trying to process RAW files in Photos?

The editing of the 62mb raw files from my Sony camera are sluggish in Photos, on a Mac Pro. Don't notice as much of an editing delay with PSE. Don't recall a lock up. Smaller files from another camera go much quicker.

Had all kinds of problems with the big files in Photos using my MacBook Air. It really struggles, especially when the photos are first transferred. And saved files sometimes get corrupted. I only use Photos with the Air when I have to, on vacation.

-- hide signature --

www.ronhartman.net

Ron Outdoors's gear list:Ron Outdoors's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Sony a7R IV Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow