Out of focus after drop

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ryan_Po New Member • Posts: 3
Out of focus after drop

I recently, in a boneheaded move, dropped my D750 w/ a 24-70 2.8 attached. It fell about 5 feet, hitting my foot, softening the blow to the ground slightly. Both the body mount and lens mount were bent. I took it to a local repair shop, who advised me of the issues, and had it fixed.

I just picked the camera and lens up today. Once home, I put the 24-70 back on and everything looks good when viewed through the view finder, but once taken, looking at the photo it’s out of focus, like the focal plane is all off and it seems that it is back focused. The problem gets better as the aperture is stopped down, but then I put on my 50 1.8 and am having the same issues.

To be clear, I know nothing about fixing a camera or lens, so correct me if I’m wrong. If I am having the same focus issue on both of my lenses, is it safe to say that there is an issue with the body? Could the sensor have been knocked off a hair? Any other ideas?

I called the shop already and advised them of the issue and they said bring it by, but any suggestions would be appreciated so I don’t appear to be as big of and idiot as I already am.

Thanks.

Ryan_Po's gear list:Ryan_Po's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow